- Junior - Born in 1996 or 1997 – EVERY JUNIOR ATHLETE WHO COMPETED WITH THE PROGRAM LAST YEAR IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE AGAIN THIS YEAR!!! (Attendance in college does not affect eligibility).
- Youth – Born in 1998 or 1999
- Select – Born in 2000 or 2001
- Future Select – Born in 2002 and later
TRY_OUTS – Athletes who register for IREVA High Performance Try-outs will have the opportunity to be considered for both IREVA HP Training Camps and Travel Team Opportunities
General Information: You must attend and participate in at least one (1) Regional try-out to be considered for this year’s HP program. (However, if you are a current collegiate athlete and cannot physically get to a try-out, contact Coach Medley IMMEDIATELY to discuss eligibility for this year’s program. )
* You may attend as many try-outs as you wish. You will only be considered for one position at each try-out. You may consider attending more than one try-out to ensure that the evaluators have another opportunity to evaluate your skills. For example:
· Scenario 1: Athlete A plays both Setter and Libero and would like to be evaluated at both positions. Athlete A chooses to register for two try-outs; Try –out 1 as a setter; Try-out 2 as a libero.
· Scenario 2: Athlete B plays Middle Blocker and would like to have an opportunity to be evaluated twice at this position. Athlete B chooses to register for two try-outs.
1. Friday, March 6 – Saratoga Springs Recreation Center, Saratoga Springs, NY. 5:00 – 9:00 pm. Cost = $45/pre-registration; $60/walk-up day of event. (Closes (3 days-March 3 at midnight) prior to try-out); $60/ Late Registration Available (3 days until try-out start time) and walk-up day of event.
Please go to www.ireva.org and login to your web point account, then on the left hand side of the page is a menu with Region HP Tryouts, click on that link, a window will open where you can click on and register for March 6th tryout.
2. Friday, March 13 - Saratoga Springs Recreation Center, Saratoga Springs, NY. 5:00 – 9:00 pm. THIS IS A DUAL USAVolleyball National /IREVA Region HP try-out. .
o Dual try-out. All athletes must register for this try-out via http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Volleyball/High-Performance/HP-Indoor/Girls/2015-Girls-Tryouts
o By attending this try-out and registering for BOTH events, you will be eligible for selection to BOTH USAVolleyball National and IREVA High Performance Programs (camps and travel teams). You must register for the National try-out to attend this event; you may elect not to dual register and select not to register for the IREVA try-out. Those athletes dual registered will be designated by colored wristbands (not yellowJ)
Cost for dual try-out=
- Regular - $65 for USAVolleyball National Try-out/ $25 for IREVA High Performance try-out. (Closes one week (7 days) prior to try-out).
- Late Registration - $90 for USAVolleyball National Try-out/ $35 for IREVA High Performance try-out.( Available one week (7 days until 4 hours prior to try-out start time).
- Last Chance Registration -$110 for USAVolleyball National Try-out/ $35 for IREVA High Performance try-out. (Opens 4 hours prior to try-out start time).
3. Saturday, March 21 – Owego Free Academy, Owego, NY. 5:00 – 9:00 pm. Cost = $45/pre-registration; $60/walk-up day of event.
Closes (3 days-March 18th at midnight) prior to try-out); $60/ Late Registration Available (3 days until try-out start time) and walk-up day of event.
Please go to www.ireva.org and login to your web point account, then on the left hand side of the page is a menu with Region HP Tryouts, click on that link, a window will open where you can click on and register for March 21 tryout.
NEW THIS YEAR: Saturday, April 11 and Sunday, April 12 - Travel Camp/ Travel Team Selection Camp. Olympic Training Center, Lake Placid, NY 60 athletes will be invited to attend this camp following evaluation of all athletes who attended try-outs. Athletes selected to attend this camp will be eligible for IREVA HP travel teams that will travel to the USAVolleyball High Performance Indoor Championships in July, 2015. To be considered for travel teams, athletes must attend this try-out. Cost = $120. Selection Camp will begin at 12:00 noon on Saturday, April 11 and conclude at 4:00 pm on April 12.
- Training Camp - Future Select, Select, Youth and Junior Camp – July 5 – July 9, 2015 at SUNY Brockport, Brockport, NY.
Cost = $385 Resident Athlete; $325 Commuter Athlete
- Travel Camp – All athletes traveling to HP Championships and limited number of Alternate Athletes. July 12 – 16, 2015 at SUNY Oneonta, Oneonta, NY.
Cost = $385 Resident. All athletes must reside on campus during this camp.
USAVOLLEYBALL HP INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS
· July 19 – July 26 (includes travel days). Championships: Iowa Events Center and Well Fargo Arena, Des Moines, IA, July 21- 25, 2015. Athletes MUST travel to the event with the HP Program. Athletes not required to return from event with HP program. Approximate cost = $1500 (high end) plus travel camp cost.
* Please note: Dates and Costs for camps and travel represent “highest duration/cost” scenarios. By first try-out (March 6) all costs and dates will be finalized.
For questions regarding try-outs and Travel Team Selection Camp logistics please contact Coach Pike (email@example.com).
· For questions regarding overall HP program operations, etc., please contact Coach Medley (firstname.lastname@example.org).