See the IREVA Work team policies and requirements
. Please note that certified
R2 and scorers are required no later than February 1st for all sanctioned tournaments.
All adults and juniors are encouraged to become certified R1 officials
R2 certifications will be valid for the 2 year cycle of the DCR (rulebook). When a new DCR is issued, all R2 certifications will require renewal.
There are a several ways to become qualified to be your team's second referee.
Fellowship Events or Clinics
Junior players are strongly encouraged to obtain their certification by attending an in-person clinic and practicing their skills at a scrimmage at a Fellowship Event.
Check the CALENDAR, IREVA News, or contact Mike McNeil for the availability of Fellowship Events. R2 clinics may be arranged upon request, usually in association with a Scorekeeper clinic.
There are three steps for IREVA Junior members to become certified as a second referee [R2].
- Attend a fellowship / clinic. Ensure that your name and club name is on the attendance list and LEGIBLE.
- Take and pass the hardcopy R2 test at the clinic. R2 certification status in WebPoint will be updated at this point in the process.
- Successfully perform as the R2 at an IREVA tournament. See the minimum list of R2 skills in R2 PROFICIENCY. Failure to perform satisfactorily may result in either additional training or revocation of certification.
Starting in 2015, if a junior player cannot attend a fellowship event or clinic, they may follow the steps for "adult" certification listed below.
Adult players are encouraged, but are not required, to attend a Second Referee Clinic
There are two steps for IREVA adult members to become certified as a second referee [R2].
- Take and pass the on-line R2 accreditation clinic / quiz at the new USA Volleyball Academy Learning Management System (LMS).
- First, log into WebPoint with your existing userid and password.
- Select the “Event Registration” tab on the left side and click on the “Region Ref/Score Clinics” dropdown to pull up the list of all IREVA referee and Scorer clinics. Register for the IREVA R2 On-line Certification by clicking on the “Register” button next to the clinic name.
- If your personal information is not automatically filled in, select the “Add” button to the right of the “Choose Contact”, enter your Last Name and optionally First Name in the “Search/Select Contact” pop-up box and click “Search Contacts” at the bottom of the page, then select the radio button next to your name, and click on the “Choose Contact” button at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Submit button for Step 1 and then click on the Register button for Step 2.
- WebPoint will automatically register you in the US Volleyball Academy learning management system (LMS) and create a userid and password, which is initially the same as your WebPoint userid and password, if this is your first clinic registration. The URL for USA Volleyball Academy (https://vrt1.volleyballreftraining.com/cm6/index.jsp) is listed in the information at the bottom of the registration page and also included in the registration email that is sent to you.
- Log into the USA Volleyball Academy LMS and click on the Catalog ID IE101, IREVA Junior Second Referee Training, to open up the required clinic courses and test. Don’t worry that the title says Junior – this is the required training for both Juniors and adults to be certified for R2 in IREVA.
- For the 2015-2016 season, you will need to review the Net and Center Line Rules and Junior Second Referee Training courses before you take the Junior Second Referee Quiz.
- When all of the required modules are completed, USA Volleyball Academy will automatically update your WebPoint R2 certification to Current.
- Please make sure that you Logoff the USA Volleyball Academy LMS when you are finished taking the courses.
- Successfully perform as the R2 at an IREVA tournament. See the R2 PROFICIENCY checklist for more information. Failure to perform satisfactorily may result in either additional training or revocation of certification.