IREVA Coaching Education Opportunities
Registration for IMPACT & CAP must be done via Webpoint. Contact Andy Mink with any questions.
|November 4 and 5, 2017
||Schenectady High School
||CAP I Clinic. Registration and more information can be found here
IMPACT Program Information
CAP Program Information
- Required of all coaches to be placed on a Juniors roster
- Is 4.5 hours for an in-person clinic with no test at the end of the program
- Is (2) 3-hour days (Mountain Standard Time) for an online webinar with a test at the end of the program
- USAV also accepts some courses as equivalent to the IMPACT training. Please see their statement here.
- IREVA has FREE On-Demand links, contact Andy Mink with your name, contact information & email address, as well as the club you are coaching with for access.
- Registration for the On-demand IMPACT course is available here.
- Please note that IMPACT training no longer includes SafeSport certification. Safesport training can be found here here (website will be down from September 19-November 1, 2017, for a curriculum update).
- IMPACT is a requirement and is usually offered the Friday evening prior to the CAP event
- Coaches will be on the court and in the classroom with 2 or more USAV Cadre
- Coaches will have the opportunity to choose the modules that interest them
- USAV offers multiple tiers of CAP (I, II, III, IV, V)
All USAV Coaching Education Opportunities
Also check out the NFHS Learning Center at http://nfhslearn.com/welcome
. There are courses aimed at students, parents, coaches, officials, and administrators.
There is free online concussion training available at http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/online_training.html
*USAV recommends that IREVA coaches review this (<30 minutes)
*NYS Public Schools require this of all their coaches.
Learn and share best practices for staging a 60-90 minute first experience in volleyball for ages 18& under as part of USA Volleyball's Open Court program with this webinar